Monday 25 June 2012

Bring back the old memories (part 2)

Last weekend, me and hubby had the opportunity to attend to Marriam's wedding in Sime Darby Convention Centre. It was at night, so we didnt bring our 2 babies along. It was our first time out of the house just the 2 of us, since Adam was born. That has been almost 2 years. I was all EXCITED.


I planned to wear a nice baju kurung, colour coordinate with hubby, and pretend that we are going out as a date. After all, it was a grand wedding to attend to, and we are going out just the two of us. Good food.. nice, grand, exclusive environment.. Sounds like a pretty good place to be for a date. hehehe


After searching through the whole cupboard, finally my eyes was set on this off-white baju kurung..looked really nice, but I havent wore it for a looooooonnggggg time. So I thought.. well, just give it a try.. 



There.. colour coordinate with hubby yang pakai brown baju melayu.. Where's your songkok?? 


Anyway, Marriam's wedding went on very smoothly. I was all excited to meet my friends from college and university. While I was enjoying the food (I was really enjoying the meal.. in peace..), Shiela Majid's song was played... I suddenly remembered something... I had that similar song sung during MY wedding.. and that was nearly 6 years ago.. and it was sung by one of my college friend, Siti Nadira Kassim. Plus I was wearing the same baju kurung as I was wearing that day.. OMG!!!!... 


With Dira who sang during MY wedding 6 years ago. I was wearing that SAME baju  on my wedding day.

This was 6 years ago. 


That night and the baju really made my day. It brought back the old memories of me and hubby, on our special day. Thank you Marriam for your lovely wedding, lovely place and lovely food. Thank you baju, for the good old memories.. And finally thank you PB, that because of you, I manage to wear my old wedding dress again after 6 years, and after the 2 babies I had. Such a great memory.

"Just because we are getting oldER, doesnt mean that we have to act OLD as well. Just because we have been married, doesnt mean that we dont have to take care of our body and appearance. I still want to be fit and NOT boroi, and I would love if you maintain your figure too" -hubby


Would you want to bring back your old memories too?

2 comments:

  1. wow babe, u can fit into your baju kawin balik? not bad; for a mom with two kids. hehehe. nwy how ru zaza? hope all is well :))

    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha.. tu la pasal.. I was soooo excited that night, cam lupe that I was suppose to be excited for Mary.. hahaha.. yup not bad ekh? hehe.. miss you la babe!!

    ReplyDelete