Sunday 1 July 2012

learning process

I was never prepared of this. When I gave birth to my son Adam, I didnt know there was a LONG list of new things that I need to learn that comes with him. Now that I have my daughter Dahlia too, I learnt that sometime I just have to go with the flow, and keep on learning, as life is full of new things to be learnt. I need to learn that:


1- beauty sleep of 6 or 7 hours is no longer a necessity 
2- for mama to be nicely dressed up for a whole day is no longer possible
3- to be punctual.. mama needs to be prepared well ahead of time
4- handbag? is no longer MINE.. its OURS (pacifiers, bottles, wet tissue, pampers.. its all there)




5- I need to plan my daily routine.. even a nice long shower needs to be planned ahead. If not, I'll hear my 2 babies screaming while I'm washing my hair. And yes, my two babies do shampoo their hair everyday.. but mama? hmm once or twice a week is good enough
6- 5 minutes is enough for me to eat dinner, if the house is quite chaos
7- to be quick at dressing up my babies after their bath, its good to do it while they are drinking their milk
8- PACIFIERS are the most important stuff to have with me at all times. Sometimes I even brought them to the office. hahaha


9- Dont plan everything too rigidly, as I need to adjust ALL my plans according to the current situations with my babies
10- Make full use of the time. If I cant sleep at night, then that's the best time for ME time. I sometimes take a good long shower to wash my hair in the middle of the night.. Yes, that's the best ME time I can get. Peace and quiet..




No one is ever totally ready for anything. Just do it as you go along, and you'll be quite surprise to what you can actually learn from it. Its always a life changing experience to start a family, but you'll always SMILE at the end of the day, and your heart will always be filled with laughters.  

2 comments:

  1. oh this is such a good post zaza! at least i know im not alone:)
    love, tmc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you were never alone in this motherhood journey tmc dear. I guess everyone just have to go through it. You'll only know that you have a friend with you by your side, if you share the journey with them too.. :D Glad you love this post.. hehe

      Delete