Monday 2 July 2012

"Demam Bola"

I have never actually like watching football. When I was in primary and secondary school, me and my cousins would watched football just to watch players yg pakai jersey of our favourite number. So mine would be number '5' . I dont really know why I chose number 5.


Growing up to NOT being a sports fan, I'm ok with that. Didnt feel like I'm losing a lot. Plus I didnt really know anyone who's a sports fan too. But during college, I met Mus. He's a football player, loves playing football, loves watching football.. but not to the stage of makan bola, tido bola.. So after we got married, I learn a bit about football.. At least I teach myself to enjoy watching football with him. And the most important bit is: while watching the game, do NOT talk. Save all your thoughts after half-time, and at the end.. And join in with GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!! when appropriate.. hahaha

As a newly wed, when we were still students, we tried watching football together (when there's a good game) Kalo bangun tengah malam pun xpe. We will set our alarm.. sometimes I prepare snacks.. But if not, we'll just brought our blanket along. The 90 minutes game didnt feel that long. It was fun..


When Mus started working in Msia, while I was still in the UK... Most of the time he will ask me to call, to wake him up for the game. We watched the game together, even though we didnt watch it from the same TV. I usually watch the football match with books in my hand, pretending to study.. while Mus, usually fell asleep on the sofa during the game, but will wake up just in time before it ends.

NOW.. after having two small kids.. we can no longer watch the game in the middle of the night.. Yang LIVE punye memang x larat nak tunggu la.. Now we only watch replay match, which is at reasonable hours.. However, last night when we were watching the final EURO 2012.. (after we knew the score.. we just had to watch the replay..), with crisp and drinks all ready in front of the TV.. and the score was already 2-0.. both of us fell asleep in front of the TV.. it was only 10.30pm. that was the last thing I remembered. I woke up to the sound of Dahlia's cry for milk.. and that was 12.40am.. The match has ended.. and Mus dah tido tak sedar ape dah..

I guess, the next EURO or WORLD cup.. we may probably need to watch the highlights only.. hahahha.. We'll see how it goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment